Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have performed a risk assessment and as a result have made changes to the way we operate in order to provide our tours safely within the government guidelines.
The following changes to our operating principles will be in action:
- All guests will be required to give contact details for at least one of their travelling group prior to the tour, for track and trace purposes. This can be name and address, email address or mobile phone number. We undertake to keep this information only for the required 21 days and to not use it, or pass it on for use, for any marketing or publicity purposes.
- Our guides will sanitize their hands prior to the tour beginning, and again if they are required to touch any outdoor surfaces, such as gates, railings or doorhandles, during the tour.
- Starting September 14th we will be carrying out temperature checks on guests, and anyone recording a temperature higher than 38 degrees Celsius will be asked not to take part in the tour.
- Each group of guests will be required to maintain at least 1 metre, and where possible 2 metres, distant from other groups.
- Groups of no larger than 6 persons will be allowed. Under the new guidelines introduced September 14th, we have to ask groups not to interact during the tour.
- We recommend wearing face masks on the tour. There is no current government requirement to wear masks outdoors, so this is personal choice. We do however require that, if the guide should deem a mask necessary at any point, you comply with this. Our guides will be carrying disposable face masks for those who do not have them. They will also be carrying hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes for use by guests should they require them.
- Our guides will wear face masks except during stops. It would be difficult to be heard while wearing the mask, and also it causes problems for those who are hard of hearing and require to see the guide’s mouth movements. During stops, when the guide is not wearing a mask, all guests are required to remain the full 2 metres distance from the guide.
- The tours will follow an “alternative” tour route avoiding the city walls and all indoor and enclosed locations. All tour stops will be outdoors and in open areas where social distancing is easily maintained.There will be no city wall section of the tour until such time we feel that suitable social distancing can be maintained in that area.
It is our belief that by instituting these changes, we will be operating within government guidelines and minimising the chances of Covid-19 transmission.